Donors Choose

In my first year of teaching, I've already had two projects successfully funded by Donors Choose.   If you aren't already familiar, it's a nonprofit site designed for teachers to create projects and list the resources needed to enhance student success. Donors can choose which projects they would like support. 

My latest project arrived recently- an exciting box, filled with book sets!  Here is my impact letter:

Dear Anonymous Donors,

Thank you kindly for your generous donations to my classroom. With your support, I have added five new sets of high-interest, high-quality literature circle books to my primary reading groups.  I believe struggling readers need exposure to quality literature. With guidance and support, young readers can surprise themselves as they learn to make deep connections to their lives, and other stories and events of familiarity through text. But in order to make that happen, as my project title stated: A book club definitely needs books.

Your contributions to my literature circles have helped my students fall in love with the story.  Young readers bound into my room each morning, eager to discover the adventures that lie ahead for our weekly protagonists.   


With gratitude,
Mrs. Henry


Should you feel so inspired, my ever-growing literacy resource wishlist can be found in the right-hand sidebar of this blog.  Or you can simply click here.  And thanks for being here!  If you're reading this, I know I already have your support.

Comments

Popular Posts